Aside: I cannot say enough good things about Inkpress PhotoChrome Luster paper. Fantastic stuff. Professional looking, the same weight and feel as traditional photofinishing paper. Gorgeous. And as an added bonus, it's less expensive than Epson paper.
Which leads me to: I recently picked up some fancy Epson paper. It was heavy weight with a lovely luster finish. And maybe if I weren't a scrapbooker I'd think it was perfect. Certainly it wouldn't sag and buckle in a frame like lighter weight paper would. But I am a scrapbooker and it was a barrel-full frustration and it looked like poo when I cut it. I'm sticking with my Inkpress from here on out.
So anyway, I spent a better part of the day sitting at my scraptable doing a whole lot of nothing. Ted came in and out several times and when I finally had something going we had a little exchange:
Ted: "Oh no. You're scrapping Shoreline Singers?"
Me: "Uh. Yeah. What's the matter with that?"
Ted: "Now it'll be permanent."
So there you have it.
Nothing amazing. But like I said, my mojo is on a drinking spree in Dusseldorf, so this was the best I could really expect. And I'll let you in on a little secret. This is actually Shoreline Singers v2.0. The first time around I worked from the top down and decided to do the journalling on the bottom after the big picture, the title and the borders were down. But I'm an adventurous gal. So I wrote it up, did a couple of test prints to make sure everything was lined up correctly and then crammed 3 to 4 layers of cardstock and photopaper back into the printer. Yeah. Not my wisest move. But in fairness, I've had Epson printers that I could shove all kinds of things into. Apparently my R1900 is a little more delicate. And what happened was that it pulled it in a little and then spun its wheels a bit, then laid the print down right at the top across the hounds tooth and the the title. It actually looked kinda cool, and I was able to send it through so that it printed on the bottom. But *I* knew that it was a mistake. So I redid it.
The fonts are Katfish LET and Impact for the title and AvantGarde BK for the journalling.
Thanks for stopping by. And if you see my mojo, tell it I'm missing it...