Friday, October 18, 2013
QB and a number of random thoughts
1) I have NO patterned paper that even remotely matches the royal blue that Ted's team wears. I started poking around looking for papers, and I'm very underwhelmed by the choices.
2) I used the Silhouette print and cut feature for the cluster on the left side. I need to experiment with different papers to see which types work the best. I always forget how much I like this feature, and it bailed be out on this layout, because apparently I have no sports themed embellishments.
Which leads me to:
3) Why are sports themed embellishments all so juvenile/schmaltzy?! This football thing isn't going to go away anytime soon. I'll have a kid that plays college ball and I'll still have embellishments that are geared for the peewee league. NOT COOL.
Which leads me to:
4) Maybe I'll just do his sports pages digitally and keep with the style I was using with his baseball pages a couple of years ago.
5) Can you tell I'm just not happy with this page? I've sort of prided myself with how I've managed Ted's sports pages, and I'm just not feeling this one. Totally lack of appropriate colors and embellishments'll do that to a girl.
6) And this really bugs me, because I'm:
a) really loving some of the shots I'm getting;
b) really wanting to document Ted's accomplishments.
7) I'm really feeling hog tied with 8.5x11 lately. For a very long time I was a one-photo-a-layout gal, so 8.5x11 was perfect for me. But here lately I've wanted to use more photos. And I'm finding that my journaling has been really truncated because I have to get my point across in such a small area.
8) But I really don't want to go back o 12x12. Mainly because the albums are HUGE. Ugh
9) Changing gears here: I don't want to jinx anything, but I've been feeling great lately. After almost a solid month of feeling sluggish, run down, feverish with body aches and weird temperature swings I finally feel like my old self. I'm so happy to be complaining only about my arthritis instead of all of that other stuff AND the arthritis. It's funny how a bout of ickiness really makes you grateful once it lifts. A nice reminder to cherish health.
10) I should have mentioned that those pictures ^^^ where taken on Ted's birthday weekend, so they feel extra special. SO glad I got the day off to see this game and their amazing win.
Okay, 10 seems like a great place to stop. Plus, my boss is working on actual work stuff, so maybe I should go help. Doh.
Thanks for stopping by! I